Sr. Director of Business Development
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial ambassador for our financial product, the Solar Revenue Put . You will work closely with the CEO and be given the responsibility of both developing the overall customer engagement strategy as well as its effective execution. You enjoy working with CFO-level clients and helping to solve their problems. You may have been a producer with a focus on renewable energy. To help you be successful, we have assembled a uniquely cross-functional team of talented solar veterans and data scientists, and built up a clientele that includes some of the biggest investor names in the industry.
What you can look forward to:
- Leadership in development efforts for a brand new line of business
- Building relationships with solar developers and financiers to close transactions
- Educating the solar industry on its newest tool for cost reduction
- Working with a team of experienced solar veterans committed to helping you succeed
- Solving a critical problem that has hindered the solar industry since its inception
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Originations experience. Your background is likely some mix of business development, insurance brokering, sales, project development, or investment banking, and you have a knack and history of doing deals. You are invigorated by developing and maintaining relationships.
- Fluency in finance or insurance. You can solve problems in real-time with our clients, senior finance executives. You are comfortable with mental math and jumping into spreadsheets. Ideally, you have project finance experience or have worked as an insurance producer in the renewable energy industry.
- Sweats the details: You care deeply about making sure that each deal is done right, and may have even seen what happens when details are missed.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves. We are a start-up and need people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty (like firing up Excel to test a pro forma or picking up a phone to call someone you don’t already know)
Location: North America (remote) okay, SF Bay Area preferred.
Please send your LinkedIn page and an introductory note (email title: “Your Name – Sr Dir of BD”) to firstname.lastname@example.org