Chief of Staff
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and critical thinker to work on our most important projects. One day you might be determining the viability of the Put in a new market, the next working on a pitch deck for a new HelioStats client, and then round out the week by building a new process to measure KPIs. We are a startup that has found product-market fit, and have a lot of scaling challenges ahead of it. You will be working directly with the C-suite to support critical business needs. A successful candidate in this role can work independently to develop a decision-making framework, gather supporting evidence for their position, and clearly and concisely make recommendations and build consensus.
What you can look forward to:
- Working with the CEO and COO (Rich and Jason) to solve the company’s most critical challenges
- Owning your work, from strategic inception to successful execution, in a low-bureaucracy environment
- Cross-functional interactions with senior management, business development, product, and engineering
- Market-facing exposure, to help drive product adoption
- Collaborating with a team of experienced solar veterans committed to helping you succeed
- Solving a critical problem–the cost of capital–that has hindered the solar industry since its inception
What you likely need to do the job well:
- Critical thinker: You have frameworks you use to approach problems, can quickly synthesize large volumes of (often conflicting) information, and develop a business thesis. You can clearly present your proposal with supporting data. You might have been a management consultant, business analyst, or project finance associate.
- Self starter: You can independently lead and manage projects. You know when to ask for help, but also trust your analytical frameworks.
- Solar experience: You are ideally conversant in the dynamics of the solar industry
- Financial toolkit: You can build basic financial models in Excel and can currently master, or have the capacity to learn, topics related to corporate finance.
- A thinker and a doer: You can hold multiple stakeholders’ perspectives in your head, devise a solution, and then rapidly build consensus around that solution.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves: We are a startup and need people who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty (like firing up Excel to build a market model or picking up a phone to call someone you don’t already know).
Location: SF Bay Area (required).
Please send your LinkedIn page and an introductory note (email title: “Your Name – Chief of Staff”) to email@example.com